Patient Participation Group
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
This organisation has a PPG consisting of approximately 20 members who meet on a quarterly basis. The role of the PPG includes:
- Playing a key role working with the organisation while helping to ensure that patients and carers can influence their local healthcare services
- Being a critical friend to the organisation
- Advising the organisation on patient perspective and providing an insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- Encouraging patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the organisation
- Organising health promotion events and improving health literacy
- Regular communication with the patient population
PPGs should consist of a representative sample of the organisation population. To become a member of the PPG, the applicant must
- Be a registered patient or a carer of a registered patient
- Remain objective, contributing to group discussions appropriately with the patient at the forefront of their mind
- Work in a collaborative manner with all group members
- Declare any potential conflicts of interests
- Listen to the views of group members
- Adhere to the terms of reference for PPG members
- Commit to upholding the following seven key Nolan principles of public life
Ordinarily, membership will be for an initial term of three years.
Membership is not restricted to those patients or carers who can attend face-to-face meetings.
Members can contribute to discussions via the organisation virtual PPG.
All personal details of any member of the PPG will be stored electronically and in accordance with data protection guidelines
2023/24 Meeting Dates
- 13th November Face to Face @ Longton Health Centre 1pm
- 15th January Teams - Virtually 4pm
- 11th March Face to Face @ Longton Health Centre 1pm
We realise that some patients will find it difficult to attend the surgery for meetings whether day or night and therefore we have set up a "Virtual Group" where we are able to contact you by email instead for your thoughts, opinions, feedback and updates.
We would like to obtain your email address and mobile phone number to do this. Please complete the Patient Contact Form to provide your consent for this.
Interested in becoming a Chairperson?
The PPG is currently looking to elect a new chair person.
The patient chair manages the meeting and is the main link between the patient group and practie staff.
The main duties are:
- Set the agenda of the meeting with practice staff
- Ensure all the PPG members have equal opportunity to contribute to the meeting.
- Ensure all agenda items are discussed in a timely manner.
- Ensure actions are recorded and steps are taken to implement.
Interested in Joining the Patient Participation Group?
If you would like to join our patient participation group please fill in and return the form below.
If you have any questions please contact reception who will be more than happy to assist.
While there are no contractual requirements regarding the structure of a PPG, for effectiveness there is to be a PPG committee which will include:
- Chairperson/Vice chairperson (if appointed)
- Treasurer (not applicable for LHC)
- Organisation representative
Please let us know if you would be interested in any of the above roles
GP PATIENT SURVEY
Want to see how our GP practice is doing in comparison to others in the area? Please Click Here.